Dear AMHS BPA Parent:
We are pleased to share some exciting news about a fundraising program for our Band organization. It’s called scrip, and it’s the fundraising program that works while you shop.
Scrip is simply a word that means “substitute money” in other words, scrip is gift cards from national and local retailers. They’re the same gift cards that you buy at the store. Many popular retailers participate in our scrip program including JC Penney, Safeway, Regal Theaters, Shell, Pizza Hut, Starbucks and many, many others.
You’re probably asking yourself how these stores help us raise money. It’s simple — scrip participating retailers agree to sell gift cards to our organization at a discount. Member families like yours buy the cards for full face value, they redeem them for full face value, and our organization keeps the difference as revenue. And scrip is exciting, because everybody wins:
- The retailer gets cash up front and repeat business
- You get a powerful fundraising alternative that involves no selling
- Our BPA gets a regular source of revenue.
The beauty of scrip is that you put your regular household shopping dollars to work. You earn money for our band without spending a single additional penny. Just spend your regular shopping dollars with scrip at the stores that participate in the scrip program! And scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including food, clothing, entertainment, gasoline and even dining out.
Please go online to www.shopwithscrip.com to see a full retailer list.
You can place your order the following way:
Go online to www.shopwithscrip.com which lets you place your orders online, anytime of the day or night. You will need to use the AMHS BPA organization enrollment code of 9CA173C522681 and register. You will also need to sign up for PrestoPay so that money will be taken directly out of your checking account. There is a $0.15 processing fee for each order. This way, no checks will need to be collected and involves no paperwork on your part! Our Scrip Coordinator will be notified automatically. Before your first order is placed, our Scrip Coordinator will need to approve you.
There are 6 ways to order:
- Favorites – Order the same products each week? Add these items to your “favorites” list for easy ordering in the future.
- Express Add – Know exactly what you want? Quickly add the items to your cart using this feature.
- Browse – Looking for a gift? Not sure what’s available? Use this feature to shop by category.
- Specials – Want to order items with special rebates available for a limited time? Add these items to your cart directly from the specials list.
- Reload – Don’t want to wait for your card to be shipping? Easily add funds to selected cards here!
- ScripNow – Want to print an eCard to use at a retail store or for online shipping? Order Scripnow eCards and you can print directly from your ShopWithScrip account!
PLEASE CHECK THE WEB SITE FOR THE SPECIFIC GIFT CARDS YOU ARE BUYING TO CONFIRM ANY DETAILS (IE. RESTAURANT IS IN YOUR AREA, ANY RESTRICTIONS) BEFORE YOU ORDER. THERE ARE NO RETURNS.
Please see the BPA Calendar for the next order deadline.
I will be placing an order approximately every 2 weeks. But there will need to be a minimum order of $500.00 (of all families orders combined) to save money on shipping. I will let you know if we need to hold the order for any reason (i.e. to make a larger combined order). After the order is placed, the cards should be ready for distribution in a week. You will be sent an e:mail saying your order is ready for pick up at my house. I would prefer to do this so the cards are not getting lost in transit with the student.
You don’t have to participate in each round of ordering.
But the more times everyone orders, the more money we will collect for our organization to help pay for band trips, needs, etc.
Now is a good time to think about ordering gift cards as special occasion presents!
You can order cards from the places you shop regularly.
You can offer this to your friends and family, but you will need to let me know who they are so I can approve them.
The BPA scrip program promises to be a simple and effective fundraising program.
Thanks for your help in supporting this program.
Please contact the Fundraising Chair if you have any questions.